Vacation! The good life… we work hard, earn money and then treat ourselves to a little get-a-way. When the time comes for a little rest & relaxation there is nothing better than heading out to a great beach location. Clear water, hot sun and the feeling of sand between your toes. Life is good!
When planning our travels, we do a LOT of research on the various locations. I know we have our favorite spots for heading out to enjoy the warmth of the sun and the feeling of the sand. Many on this list we have already been to – others are on the “short list” for future beach vacations. Whether taking a flight and heading to a Caribbean destination, or hopping in the car and heading for the local lake or shore – the beach is a great place to escape.
Trying to get a good selection of beach destinations – some of the “top” lists will have multiples from the same location. This is just a sampling of the great places to go and enjoy the beach.
TMB Let’s Travel’s list of Great Beach Locations
- Aruba – Eagle Beach – Eagle beach won the 2017 TripAdvisor Traveler Award for 3rd Best Beach in the World, and has won many other awards throughout the years. http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/eagle-beach.
- St. John – Trunk Bay – Trunk Bay is one of the most photographed beaches in the United States Virgin Islands. http://stjohnbeachguide.com/trunk-bay.
- Barbados – Crane Beach Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous rated it as “one of the ten best beaches in the world”! http://barbados.org/crane.htm
- Florida – Siesta Beach A short drive from downtown Sarasota, Siesta Key sits adjacent to the glittering Gulf of Mexico and its Siesta Public Beach has been named the nation’s best — twice. http://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/cities/siesta-key.html
- Bahamas – Nassau – With over 2,000 breathtaking islands and cays, and the clearest water on Earth, it’s no wonder visitors come here from all around to sink their toes into miles of pure white, and in some places pink, sand—the very definition of paradise. https://www.bahamas.com/things-do/beaches
- Hawaii – Honopu Beach ○ It doesn’t get anymore secluded and remote than Honopu Beach on Kauai’s Na Pali Coast. No road or even a hiking trail leads to it. In fact, the only legal way to access it is to swim to it. https://www.to-hawaii.com/kauai/beaches/honopubeach.php
- Philippines – El Nido – home to over 50 white sand beaches! From white sand beach parties at dusk to mountain peaks from which you can enjoy breathtaking views, the Philippines have an island destination fit for every kind of traveler. https://holidaytopalawan.com/el-nido-palawan-philippines
- St. Thomas – Magen’s Bay National Geographic Magazine called it one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world making Magens Bay St. Thomas Virgin Islands the perfect choice for spending your Caribbean holidays in the Virgin Islands! http://magensbayvi.com
- Grand Cayman – Seven Mile Beach Named one of the “Ultimate Beaches” by Caribbean Travel + Life, Seven Mile Beach is only one of the many reasons why Cayman is considered the ultimate Caribbean destination and the epitome of an island getaway vacation. http://www.caymanislands.ky/activities/beaches/sevenmilebeach.aspx
- Turks & Caicos – Grace Bay Beach currently holds the position of World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Beach Destination, and Trip Advisor’s 2nd best beach in the world. https://www.visittci.com/providenciales/grace-bay-beach
Did your favorite make it? If not, what is your favorite beach and why? We are always looking for new and exciting places to visit. Comment below and let us know!
Can you identify this beach?